The SCOAP3 initiative is presently supported by a Steering Committee, representing the broad cross-section of the SCOAP3 partnership, with a charge to co-ordinate the SCOAP3 tendering process, designing the consortium governance, and bringing the initiative into its operational phase.The members of this Steering Committee are:
- Jun Adachi, NII, Japan
- Paul Ayris, JISC Collections, U.K.
- Stefano Bianco, INFN, Italy
- Miriam Blake, LANL, U.S.
- Martin Koehler, DESY, Germany
- Salvatore Mele, CERN, Switzerland (Convener)
- Joao Moreira, FCCN, Portugal
- Ann Okerson, CRL, U.S.
- Ralf Schimmer, MPG, Germany
- Xiaolin Zhang, CAS, China
- Ivy Anderson. CDL, U.S. (ex-officio Technical Working Group liaison)
The Steering Committee is supported by a Technical Working Group, with a mandate to "address the key question of the price reduction for content today in large-scale subscription packages and eventually to be converted by SCOAP3 to Open Access [...and] collect requirements, analyse principles, and suggest ways forward toward a concrete implementation and monitoring."
The participants to this Technical Working Group are:
- Ivy Anderson, CDL, U.S. (chair)
- Paola Gargiulo, CASPUR, Italy
- Anne Gentil-Beccot, CERN, Switzerland
- Paul Harwood, JISC Collections, U.K.
- Carol Hoover, LANL, U.S.
- Tomonari Kinto, Tokyo, Japan [With support from Satoru Kinoshita]
- Angelika Kutz TIB, Germany
- Tom Sanville LYRASIS, U.S.
- Jiancheng Zheng, CAS, China