SCOAP3 Governing Council Meeting June 15th-16th 2015
The SCOAP3 Governing Council held its fourth meeting at CERN June 15th and 16th 2015, with attendance by 37 delegates and guests from all geographical regions. Due to a large number of discussion items, the meeting was extended to 1.5 days. While the first day focused on reports on the SCOAP3 operations, day two was entirely dedicated to planning for the continuation of SCOAP3 beyond its first 3-year cycle.
- 45 Memoranda of Understanding have been signed to date, covering participation by 42 countries and 3 Intergovernmental Organisations with more partners expected to join soon.
- To date SCOAP3 has supported the publication of more than 6’000 articles, with over 99% of the articles being immediately compliant with the SCOAP3 policies.
- The SCOAP3 Executive Committee oversaw operations and prepared not only the Governing Council meetings but also drafted a strategy for continuation of SCOAP3 beyond its initial 3-year phase.
- The first audit of the SCOAP3 fund, performed by an independent 3rd party auditor, was completed and the results were found to be fully satisfactory;
- The Repository Strategy and Support Working Group and the Outreach Working Group continue to support the operation and development of the SCOAP3 network and the operational infrastructure.
- A SWOT analysis conducted amongst SCOAP3 partners revealed a strong desire for a continuation of the partnership.
- Strategic options for this continuation have been discussed and the Executive Committee has been tasked to work on their implementation.